OO,gcc,kernel: which versions?

Cimmo cimmo at libero.it
Fri May 20 15:06:30 UTC 2005

Jakub Jelinek ha scritto:

>Well, actually it is not 4.0.0 + cvs patches, but content
>of gcc-4_0-rhl-branch + a few patches.
>gcc-4_0-rhl-branch is merged from gcc-4_0-branch every few days.
>All Fedora GCCs were like that (just replace 4_0-rhl with
>3_2-rhl8, 3_3-rhl and 3_4-rhl in the name of branches).
>
>Why do you ask?

Because I want to know why a stable product will be shipped with beta
releases.
Ok in this case gcc is taken from the stable and official branch, but
there are some patches taken from CVS isn't? So you can probably obtain
an unstable compiler or a compiler with new bugs, the same thing is for
kernel, where also snapshot are merged with redhat kernels...