Grub Duall Boot Problem

James Black blackman at pharm.uoa.gr
Mon May 23 09:27:45 UTC 2005

Having a Windows XP Installed and also wanted to boot in linux I found
that this is a problem on FC4 r3 64bit when in fc3 works great... It
seems that grub starts on basic command line, and if i try from rescue
mode to : chroot /mnt/sysimage and then grub-install /dev/hda
1) Nothing Happens
2) sometimes it drives me to error 17 or error 15

It also seems to work great for grub-install /dev/fd0....

It looks like Something is really wrong with grub in this pre-release!