yum hates me ... openoffice dependency problem with libjawt.so.6 (i swear its there!)

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon May 23 20:20:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

> --> Processing Dependency: libjawt.so.6 for package: openoffice.org-core
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjawt.so.6 is needed by package openoffice.org-core

Yum doesn't hate you. It thinks you're the kindest, loveliest being this
side of Ursa Minor.

To geteth the package known as OpenOffice 1.9.104, these instructions
must ye follow

yum -y --exclude=gcc* --exclude=libstdc++* --exclude=libjawt*
--exclude=cpp update

and things shall workeeeeee

(we'll you may have to do a couple of other --excludes, but nothing too
bad).

TTFN

Paul
--
"Space", it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how
vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big space really is. I mean, you may