yum

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed May 25 03:16:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 07:57:30PM -0700, JERRY WHITMIRE wrote:
> Where can i find all of the commands for yum. it is a good program i would
> like learn more about it .

type 'man yum'

> and what is the command [ to get all of the extras-development ] for
> Fedora4 test 3.

*All* of it?

First, set up the Extras devel .repo file as
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo as described at
<http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fUsingExtras>.

Then, installing everything from Extras is a little bit tricky, because
you'd want to pull in any dependencies from Core but, I assume, not actually
install every Core package. So, maybe something like this:

  # yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=bulinux-debug list | \
    awk '{print $1}' | xargs yum install

But actually, I'd suggest just doing the 'list' part first so you can see
what all you'll be getting. And then maybe considering trying a package at a
time or so. :)