Firefox - why is it better?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed May 25 14:15:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 04:07:47PM -0700, Jared Buck wrote:
> I've been noticing files opening slowly here too :(  you're right, it's
> a piece of s***t and i wonder why they had to do that in the first
> place.

Perhaps because they genuinely were trying to create a better desktop and got
bits of it wrong on this attempt. People need to file bugs for the cases it
does badly including details (eg an strace if it is being very slow may show
why), and if it doesn't do the expected saying what you expected to happen.

Alan