<4> post_create: setxatter failed

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu May 26 04:02:41 UTC 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 04:18, Dan Hollis <goemon at anime.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Russell Coker wrote:
> > The purpose of this list is for people from the community to assist us
> > with testing, and this particularly applies to non-default options.  It
> > would be good if you could help us in this regard.
>
> It would be nice if you would stop arguing against people using
> non-default options then :-)

I am not making a blanket argument against ReiserFS.  ReiserFS will work fine
for /var/spool/news or /var/spool/mail, also it has never had any SE Linux
issues for such use, there's the context= mount option and prior to that
people were using ReiserFS on SE Linux systems with genfscon entries in the
policy to give all ReiserFS files the desired context.  One machine I ran had
ReiserFS used for /var/spool/squid and was configured such that all ReiserFS
files had the type squid_cache_t.

Also given the fsck issue, it's probably best to mount ReiserFS file systems
as nodev,nosuid.