Default Firefox icons are not... the default Firefox icons.

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl4 at iadonisi.to
Mon May 30 06:30:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 14:48 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

[snip]

> I like that mozilla looks consistent with the rest of my desktop,
> instead of the 'Good Old Days (tm)' when it stood out like a saw thumb.

  Amen to that.  IMNSHO, themeable apps are evil.  Or at least themeable
apps that don't let me pick "use my desktop theme, dammit" for a theme
are evil.

;-)

> I'm not actually sure that FC4 isn't doing anything that the mozilla
> developers haven't helped happen.

  Dang, a triple negative?  Well, I followed it, at least. ;-)  And
agree, of course.  It's always good practice to have a good working
relationship with upstream developers.  But if they don't like you
customizing their software, they should evaluate the terms under which
they've distributed their software.
  That said, it is a little odd, and probably not a good idea to have a
theme named as it is upstream, but using different icons.

-Paul "getting fed up with developers deciding they don't like custom
distributions of their software when the license(s) they've *chosen*
explicitly allow it" Iadonisi

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator