Anaconda failure rawhide of 20051117 - unresolved dependency in modular X

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Thu Nov 17 21:52:30 UTC 2005

Trying to install with the boot.iso of today's rawhide (2005-11-17) led
to an anaconda failure with an unresolved dependency in the new modular
X stuff.  I didn't save the anaconda info since the dependency failure
was clearly in the X stuff.  I didn't see which module(s) failed so I
can't file a bugzilla on it.  Should be easy to reproduce though.

The video probing *did* work fine.

currently proceeding to install FC4.0 boot.iso/nfs in order to test a
yum upgrade to rawhide on the machine.

BTW: FC4.0 booting didn't like the Trident Cyberblade/i1 card and
wouldn't go beyond starting X (would not display the welcome screen).
Text mode install is working fine.

--Wolfe
--
G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'