Can't Get Past X dependencies

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Nov 18 13:54:49 UTC 2005

Maybe someone can provide a little help or direction.  I have read all
of the messages on this list and the development list this week but
still can't get past the following (from yumex output) when trying to
update to latest rawhide.

['fontconfig conflicts with fonts-xorg-base',
'Missing Dependency: /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir is needed by package
xorg-x11',
'Missing Dependency: xorg-x11-xfs = 6.8.2-62 is needed by package
xorg-x11',
'Missing Dependency: xinitrc is needed by package xorg-x11',
'Missing Dependency: xorg-x11 is needed by package xorg-x11-tools',
'Missing Dependency: xorg-x11 = 6.8.2-62 is needed by package
xorg-x11-Xnest']

I deselected fontconfig and that conflict goes away, but the others remain.

TIA

--
Regards,

Old Fart