ISO md5sums

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 22:35:06 UTC 2005

MJang wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I've tried downloading the ISOs from a couple of different sites, and
>find md5sums which vary from those listed in SHA1SUM file. The ISOs with
>the "bad" md5sums seem to work, and those I've downloaded from different
>sites have consistent md5sums.
>
>Is the SHA1SUM file correct?

Sha1sum is a different algorithm and requires a different program. If
you are already using a previous version of Fedora, It is usually
available by default, if not yum install sha1sum and run sha1sum <ISO
Image>. If you are using Windows,  this might help.

http://www.slavasoft.com/fsum/

regards
Rahul