FC5T1 Public Key Issue

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Nov 26 20:34:08 UTC 2005

Question on public keys:

I ran (on FC4) a test of the integrity of CD images, which includes
testing each RPM with "rpm -K". In doing so, I noticed:

* A lot of packages are signed with a public key I have already
  imported into RPM. No problem.

* The rest are signed with either 30c9ecf8 or db42a60e, neither of
  which I have yet imported.

I then installed anyway. On FC5T1 I then tried to pull in twm:

  yum install xorg-x11-twm

On the first go, yum imported a key. But:

  Downloading Packages:
  (1/1): xorg-x11-twm-0.99. 100% |=========================|  92 kB    00:00
  warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 30c9ecf8
  Public key for xorg-x11-twm-0.99.1-3.i386.rpm is not installed
  Retrieving GPG key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
  Importing GPG key 0x4F2A6FD2 "Fedora Project <fedora at redhat.com>"
  Is this ok [y/N]: y
  Key imported successfully
  Import of key(s) didn't help, wrong key(s)?

  Public key for xorg-x11-twm-0.99.1-3.i386.rpm is not installed

The key that was imported is the same as one I have on the FC4 box:

  [root at jhereg ~]# rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*
  gpg-pubkey-4f2a6fd2-3f9d9d3b