Up2date replacement

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 23:42:44 UTC 2005

>From: seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu>
>To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
><fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Up2date replacement
>Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:22:44 -0500

> > Well, here's a quick-n-dirty proof of concept version of fastestmirror
> > with persistent cache of mirror response times:
> >
>http://laiskiainen.org/yum/plugins/fastestmirror/fastestmirror-persistent.py
> >
> > Certainly makes a big difference, a no-op 'yum update' on my system is
> > around 11s when all mirrors are timed on each run, with the above
> > version the consecutive runs come down to ~5s.

Well I gave your plugin a spin, seems to work as advertised, however saw
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.

Is this an indication that  the first mirror picked was out of date with the
repo file from Fedora ?