SELinux in FC5

Teak Billard teamwassily at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 23:29:13 UTC 2005

Hi:

Will the refpolicy be available alongside targeted and strict?  And will refpolicy find itself in RHEL eventually?  I've been keeping tabs on this technology for a while and to me it seems to be one of the biggest improvements to OS security.   Could you give me an example where refpolicy outshines  the other two  main policies?

Thanks,
Teak

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote: Teak Billard wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Have there been chanegs to the libraries that SELinux uses?  I saw in
> one of the last rawhide reports that 3 of the main libraries/policy
> stuff had been removed.  Is there new functionality to SELinux?  How
> is it coming along in FC5?  Thanks,

SELinux in Fedora Core 5 is switching to the reference policy
(http://serefpolicy.sourceforge.net/). The development tree before the
test1 attempted to use it but there was some hiccups and it was pulled
back. Now that the test release is out it is seeping in again. There
will be additional functionality like MCS and MLS policies among several
other changes.More details on the proposed plans is available from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5Future.

Feedback on how well its coming along is welcome.

regards
Rahul

To unsubscribe: