x86-64 rawhide update obnoxiousness

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Tue Oct 11 21:55:39 UTC 2005

Steve Grubb wrote:
> Ok. But i still am wondering why kdebase i386 owns  /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

I think it comes from konqueror being in kdebase. If I query the 64 bit
kdebase or firefox on my system both include the equivalent 64 bit
plugin folder:

[root at shark packages]# rpm -ql firefox | grep mozilla/plugins
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
[root at shark packages]# rpm -ql kdebase | grep mozilla/plugins
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins

It makes some sense that any package which is intended to be used
primarily as a browser plugin depends on this plugin folder to ensure an
appropriate browser is installed.

I stumbled over the same i386 HelixPlayer dependency a couple of days
ago, it is a shame that there is no 64bit build available.

	Jon