hotplug doesn't run scripts in /etc/hotplug/usb

ClaudioTomasoni claptom at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 25 22:06:51 UTC 2005

When i plug my usb camera Kodak CX4200 hotplug should execute
the script /etc/hotplug/usb/usbcam.
I noticed this doesn't happen since permissions to usb device in
/proc/bus/usb don't change. I'm sure it's a script execution problem
related,
because, if i try to change permissions by hand, downloading pictures from
camera it works. Even if i add a line <echo "${DEVICE}" > /tmp/camera>
to usbcam script, i can't found any camera file in /tmp.
I noticed also /sbin/hotplug doesn't exist. Since hotplug runs as service,
shouldn't /sbin/hotplug or better /etc/init.d/hotplug exist? Is it
normal to
have the etc script missing?

Best regards.
Claudio Tomasoni.