NFS installs

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Oct 28 21:38:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 15:22 -0400, Gene C. wrote:
> I have been attempting to do an NFS install of a local copy development.  In
> the past (FC4 and earlier), I just needed Fedora/base/*, Fedora/RPMS/* and
> images/boot.iso.  For FC5 development, this seems to have changed but I do
> not seem this documented/mentioned anywhere (I searched both fedora-test and
> fedora-devel mailing lists).

Lots of stuff is a-changing... :)   I'd actually lean towards excluding
things (debug and SRPMS) instead of trying to guess what's needed vs not
-- you'll get a better experience that way I think.

> Besides the above, you now seem to need repodata/* and yumgroups.xml.
> Furtheremore, you cannot create repodata/* with the FC4 createrepo since this
> does not work (I have not tried using createrepo from development.

You definitely need the repodata, but afaik, it should be creatable with
what's in FC4.  You'll need to be sure to pass -g to get the groups file
in the repomd file as well.

Jeremy