yum update doesn't do anyting

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Thu Sep 1 02:52:24 UTC 2005

Yes, that file exists.

What really puzzles me is that, with several identical machines, some
update and some don't.

I can even manually run /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron and it goes and gets
the updates.

Hmm.  I'm starting to think I need to specify particular servers,
because the random selection of mirrors might be at fault.  If some
mirrors don't update rapidly, or don't answer yum's call, nothing will
happen and there is no error reporting about failure to connect.

I'll test that one.

pj

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504