Re: Dependency problem in the yum update FC3->FC4 chain

On 9/6/05, Michael Wiktowy <mwiktowy gmx net> wrote:
> Due to a dependency problem, a new libxml2 didn't get pulled in, a
> required python module didn't get loaded and yum wouldn't run anymore.

How you proceed depends on the the exact errors issues which are being
raised in the attempt.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq seems to work for people
with clean fc3 systems moving to fc4... but you could have it a corner
case or something. It doesn't sound like your followed this procedure
so I'm not sure what to suggest for recovery.

-jef