Re: Unable to log into Gnome - KDE is fine

On 9/9/05, Paul F. Johnson <paul all-the-johnsons co uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? I can log into a KDE session without a problem,
> but can't use Gnome. The problem seems to be a dependency on libatk-1.0 and it
> not being around (or correctly linked to).

run ldconfig as root.  That's all i had to do when i saw this trying
to run evince right after the package updates.  I've since done a full
reboot and was able to login into gnome without an issue.  I've no
idea why i had to use ldconfig since the packaging looks right... but
that solved the problem for me.

-jef