logout dialog in gnome-session

Relatively recently a logout dialog started to "remember" what you
were doing the last time, i.e. "Log Out", "Restart" or "Shutdown",
and offers that as a default action when you are going through this
dialog again.

Is this a side-effect of some more general changes in a handler code
or a "local improvement"?  If the later then this particular case
looks to me rather ill-advised.  Actions other then "Log out" in a
normal use should be probably quite exceptional and this "helpful
hand" will likely result in a number of machines shut down or
rebooted purely by a mistake.  Or other think that this is fine?
Yes, one can live with that but it forces paying an extra attention
for no particular gain.  I would have to choose I would rather have
actions other then "Log Out" only a login screen.

   Michal