Floppy Icon No Longer Appears in the Computer Icon

Hello,

I just installed the 1377 kernel on Fedora Core 3 and I just realized that when I look in the computer icon on the desktop, my floppy drive no longer appears. Is there a reason for this? How do I know if my floppy drive is working and if so, how do I make the icon reappear in the computer icon? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff