Re: Floppy Icon No Longer Appears in the Computer Icon

MJ> Thanks.  But this seems to mean that floppies generally are not on
MJ> a critical list any longer or we would see "official" updates a
MJ> long time ago.

It could mean that.  Or it could mean that the maintainer of HAL
thinks that this should be fixed in the kernel.  Or it could mean that
the HAL maintainer is simply busy, or didn't see the bug report, or
whatever.

I don't think you can infer much from an idle bug report.

 - J<