Re: grub can't access system

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Sep 19, 2005, Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:

Once upon a time, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva redhat com> said:

On Sep 18, 2005, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette insight rr com> wrote:

It is my understanding that the /boot partition has to be on a primary
partition.

Nope, not true.  It works just fine as a logical partition.

Only if you write GRUB (or some other "smart" boot loader) to the MBR.

Again, not true.  It works for me on hda5 and hda6, each a /boot for a
different installation of Fedora, and each one can chain-load the
other, so both work just fine.

Interesting thing to test out. I'll have to try chainloading the installation which I have on an extended partition. I always loaded it in MBR because it gave a warning if ever I selected it as the location to install grub. Thanks for the lead.

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.