system-config-mouse

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 03:45:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 10:34 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 11:40:42AM -0400, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 13:14 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> That turned out to be a misunderstanding on my part.  I was under a
> false impression that what you see on menus under "Preferences->Mouse"
> is actually supplied by system-config-mouse and this is clearly not
> the case.  How things are put together is too well hidden. :-)

Yup - that's gnome-mouse-properties and much more relevant to the end
user experience.  We should just get mouse/touchpad configuration right
for the end user, so system-config-mouse is going away.

> OTOH nothing seems to supply "Obsoletes:" for system-config-mouse
> so if it was installed on the system previously it will linger until
> somebody will catch up and remove it explicitely.  Maybe there
> should be a fake package with a sole role of providing "obsoletes"
> for things which otherwise do not fit naturally somewhere else?

We do blacklist things to remove on upgrades in anaconda, which is the
"supported" method of doing upgrades, I'm sure it'll be noted in any
document of worth describing updating to FC5 by other means.

Paul