kernel define URB_ASYNC_UNLINK missing

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 21:31:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:13:08PM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
 > > Not really. rawhide is always the 'upstream snapshot of the day'.
 > > Or close to it.
 >
 > 	Oh...  I see.  So kernel-2.6.13-1.1565 is really 2.6.14rc2 (I see the
 > 2.6.14 patches there in the source directory now).  So, any hope of
 > seeing this filter down into FC4 eventually?

I had this idea a while back to increase the testing that usptream -rc
kernels get, by pushing them out to updates-testing.  It's something
that sounds great on paper, but in reality would be a total disaster.

2.6.14rc2 doesn't even boot on half my test boxes right now, and from
the feedback from folks at the office and bugzilla, it's pretty grim
and nowhere near ready for general consumption.

2.6.13 was pretty much the same way. For quite a few people, it was
unusable without the PCI fixes that went into 2.6.13.1

I've cooked up a 2.6.13.2 test kernel that I'll be pushing out to
fc4-updates-testing in the next few hours. It'll likely need
quite a bit more work before its ready for updates-final too,
but it gives people something to play with until its ready.

		Dave