Anaconda question

I have tried to update a FC2 system with FC4 and FC3.  Each release just
asks me what type of installation I want.  I want to upgrrade, but that does
not seem to be an option.  What does anaconda look for to determine if the
current system can be upgraded or not?  Fedora-release and redhat-release
are in /etc and contains the information for Fedora Core 2.  What do I need
to do to get anaconda to let me do an upgrade?

Jim