gnome-system-log shows nothing when ran as normal user

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Sep 27 21:24:23 UTC 2005

Demond James wrote:
> Does anyone else experience a blank screen when they start
> gnome-system-log from the menu?  I have to run it as root with sudo to
> view log file.  Has this been filed in bugzilla yet?  An entry may be
> needed in /etc/security/console.apps

I noticed that it was blank and did not prompt you for a user password.
I tried to open logs which were accessible to a normal user and it read
them alright.

A me too.

Also, I tried out the gnome-screensaver and it works alright. Is this
supposed to eliminate xscreensaver-base from the distro shortly?

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.