Re: gnome-system-log shows nothing when ran as normal user

Demond James wrote:
Does anyone else experience a blank screen when they start gnome-system-log from the menu? I have to run it as root with sudo to view log file. Has this been filed in bugzilla yet? An entry may be needed in /etc/security/console.apps

I noticed that it was blank and did not prompt you for a user password. I tried to open logs which were accessible to a normal user and it read them alright.

A me too.

Also, I tried out the gnome-screensaver and it works alright. Is this supposed to eliminate xscreensaver-base from the distro shortly?

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.