xorg updates bugger gui conf

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Mon Apr 10 15:24:20 UTC 2006

I have uploaded the series of xorg modules that are available for FC6 on
Apr 10.  The yum update worked without a complaint.

BUT, when I logged out the X server would not restart due to a
misconfiguration.

The log indicates that 'nv' driver is not available.
It tried to load
   /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nv_drv.so
but the module ABI major version (8) does not match the server's version (1)

I have looked at the suggested wiki but it does not talk abe major ABI
version numbers and the highest level that is currently released is
X11R70 for nv.  No mention of 8

My host is AMD 2000+
video is FX5200
monitor is KDS visual sensations

The system tried to reconfigure the server but to no avail.

How do I undo this latest update to be able again run my X server?

--
Glenn Simpson