Beagle 'firefox extension' broke

pribyl at lowlevel.cz pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Wed Apr 19 06:51:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Benjy Grogan wrote:

> PS: I was under the impression that if I updated Firefox while Firefox
> was running in userspace, that a kill signal would be sent to Firefox
> but this never happened.  Only when I exited Firefox and restarted it
> did v.1.5.0.2 load.

IMHO: None of user apps is killed on update. Only deamons are
usually restarted. Do you think killing KDE on its update is wise
thing? Or forcing reset after kernel update? :)

Update should not broke any part of application because it is runing. The
only thing that could be broken is new package itself.

Adam Pribyl