Problem installing a Domu xen instance with latest FC5 kernel

Nick swcodfather at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 12:06:50 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have searched the mailist archives, and i have not found anything that
directly addresses this issue.

I'm using a Dell 360 workstation with 1 Gig of Ram.

I have installed successfully the Domain_0 kernel 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5xen0,
upgraded all packages and restarted the box with this new kernel.

when I run xm list, it shows this domain running happily.

I have built a guest OS install tree, with the new guest Domain_u kernel
image, appropriate for this latest kernel. This tree exists on a separate
server, and not on the intended xen server.

I then type the following:

/usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py
What is the name of your virtual machine? nick
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
 What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /vmmachines/nick
 How large would you like the disk to be (in gigabytes)? 5
 What is the install location? http://xxx.xxx.8.193:8000

I have reduced the amount of memory used by Domain_0 to allow for this
256meg Guest.

I get this error message after typing in the networking details during the
install.

loader received SIGSEGV!.  Backtrace:
[0x8049865]
[0x8047420]
[0x8063ca0]
[0x805e5e1]
[0x804ad21]
[0x80cae75]
[0x8048131]
install exited abnormally
sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done
disabling swap...
unmounting filesystems...
        /proc done
        /dev/pts done
        /sys done
        /tmp/ramfs done
you may safely reboot your system
rebooting system
Restarting system.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this one?

Thanks in advance

Nick