yum update blocked for now

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 11:32:41 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 07:19, David D. Hagood wrote:
> It seems to me that continually having to direct people to a script to
> bludgeon YUM into updating the system, rather than either fixing YUM,
> fixing the procedures that allow the repos to break, or moving to a tool
> (like APT) that deals with broken repositories is like saying "yes, the
> door locks don't work - here's a coat hanger."

Its rawhide dude.  Things are in a constant state of flux and we don't impose
any barriers from the developer to get new packages out.  Once FC6 is
released, updates to FC6 will be handled in a way that prevents the updates
repo from having broken deps (most of the time *wink*).  Rawhide is well raw,
deps will break, and if you're brave enough to play with it, you are expected
to spend a little effort to plow through it.  And if it breaks, you get to
keep all the pieces.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora