Enabling DPMS in new minimalistic xorg.conf?

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 04:36:43 UTC 2006

I installed FC6t2 from scratch, and was impressed to see that for the
first time, my laptop's 1280x768 LCD was configured properly. I could
not, however, power down the LCD backlight.

"xset dpms force off" gives an error starting with:
server does not have extension for dpms option
xset:  unknown option force

I notice that Option "dpms" is normally found in the "Monitor" section
of xorg.conf, however, this entire section is now missing. How do I
enable DPMS, and should this not be the default? Do I bugzilla on
system-config-display?

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim