Logwatch and rawhide

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Aug 26 18:53:31 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson schrieb:

>I have two FC4 boxes that send emails redirected to me, with the From: field
>in the form logwatch at hostname.domain.tld.  I did not have to do anything at
>all to config files for this to be correctly set.
>
>My rawhide installation by default sends the message as originating from
>logwatch at localhost.localdomain.  Is this a bug, or intentional behaviour?
>
>I have forced the domain part to be replaced by putting an explicit line
>in /etc/postfix/main.cf, but cannot get the hostname to be reported.  Clearly
>getting reports from several boxes without the identifier would be less than
>useful.
>
>Anne

Anne,

with switch to the new and current stable Postfix line 2.3 the
previously applied hostname patch was removed:

* Mo Jul 24 2006 Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> 2:2.3.0-1

- new version 2.3.0
- dropped hostname-fqdn patch

So this explains why you face a different behaviour.

If you really want to send mail as originating from @david.lydgate.lan,
then set in main.cf

myorigin = david.lydgate.lan

Test your change with "postconf myorigin".

Alexander