rawhide report: 20061219 changes

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 19 22:37:45 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 1:08 pm, dragoran wrote:
> Richard Hally wrote:
> > Is this the same problem as with IDE drives?
> > I have a simple one hard drive box (IDE) running rawhide with
> > the default disk layout that doesn't boot any of the 2.6.19
> > kernels that have appeared in rawhide (including todays 2885).
> > Is there a bugzilla for the IDE problem? I couldn't find it.
> > Thanks,
> > Richard
>
> are you using mount by label or are you using hardcoded
> disk/partition names?
> if yes you have to change form hdX to sdX because IDE is now
> handled by libata.

   I could ditto Richard, same problem (panic, can't mount) since
2877 up to 2885.  Yes I'm usin, as I posted before, mount by label,
IDE/sata mix.  Both boots (fc6, FC7) are from IDE tho (hda, hdb ..
in that order). As DJ alluded to, I trust the situation is bein
worked on.

   So I'll ask you dragoran, since I have already an /sda (sata,
non-boot) drive, what should /hda be renamed to?  An where?
device.map?

 ~ $ cat /boot/grub/device.map
# this device map was generated by anaconda
(hd0)     /dev/hda
(hd1)     /dev/hdb
--
    Tom Brinkman                        Corpus Christi, Texas