mgs in daemon/status base messages?

George Hill e1geo at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 06:41:41 UTC 2006

I am running a current FC5t2. When I use service to
start and check the status of daemons I get messages
that I am not familiar with. Would someone tell me
what the messages that start with <mgs> in the
following sample mean? I get them working with several
daemons, not just smb. Thanks.

# /sbin/service smb start
Starting SMB services: mgs in daemon base =
                                               [  OK
]
Starting NMB services: mgs in daemon base =
                                               [  OK
]
# /sbin/service smb status
mgs in status base = smbd