selinux X libxklavier recompilation

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at fedora.pl
Fri Feb 3 11:49:20 UTC 2006

Dnia 02/03/2006 08:44 AM, Użytkownik Jiri Cerny napisał:
> Thank you for the explanation. I understand now more the problem.

Heh, now I see that http://people.redhat.com/drepper/selinux-mem.html
has been modified and this part was removed (why?):

--8<---------------------------------------------------------------------
The most likely reason people see this error is because programs they
use themselves or the DSOs they use have text relocations (more details
here, PDF). For this legitimate case the solution is to set the security
context of the DSO to system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t. Or even better:
work with the author to remove the text relocation.
--8<---------------------------------------------------------------------

My previous post does not make sens now ;-)

> I tried to recompile the src.rpm without the patch I have added, that is I
> recompiled the original rawhide src.rpm. The problem remained even without
> the patch.

On my Rawhide box everything works fine.

readelf -d /usr/lib/libxklavier.so.10.0.0 | grep TEXTREL

shows nothing. BTW this package needs more love (missing BR pkgconfig
and libXt-devel; static libs should be IMO removed).

> After some searching, I found that configure does not find -fPIC option of
> gcc when run by rpmbuild. It finds this option if it is run directly from
> the command line. The problem is actually that rpmbuild set environment
> variable RPM_OPT_FLAGS. Value of this variable contains -mcpu switch, that
> is deprecated by gcc, and warnings due to this option make the libxklavier
> configure check for -fPIC fail. I changed -mcpu to -mtune on line 18 of
> /usr/lib/rpmrc and everything works fine.

That's strange. Can you paste the output of these commands, please?

rpm -qa | grep rpm
rpm --eval %{optflags}
cat ~/.rpmrc

I thought that `-mcpu' switch was changed in to `-mtune' in FC-3 or
FC-4. In Rawhide I've got something like this:

[y4kk0 at X ~]$ rpm --eval %{optflags}
-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386
-mtune=pentium4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
[y4kk0 at X ~]$

Regards,
	Dawid
--