Apple Updates?

Pete Graner pgraner at redhat.com
Sun Feb 5 00:14:24 UTC 2006

John Summerfied wrote:
> Pete Graner wrote:
>
>> 17" that I'm having the following issues with:
>>
>> Sound modules won't load
>> Once modules are loaded sound won't work:
>> Can only get X to run with FBDev not ati or radeon driver
>> Currently wireless both the BCM and airo drivers are hosed
>
> Airport is not going to work any time soon. Not even with ndiswrapper.
> If you want working (11g) wireless with Linux, best prospect is probably
> a wireless card labelled "atheros." d-link and netgear have such, but of
> course the nice OS X software configuration won't work with those.
> Probably they won't even work at all on OS X without some work.

The airport extreme (bcm43xx) *does* work has worked in the past.
Recently its gone to pot with newer kernels and Network Manager since
wpa was added. I can get it to work by forcing the rate to 11Meg with
our cisco gear at work at home it works at 54Meg.

Pete

--
Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner at redhat.com>
Senior Manager                             Office: 978.392.2476