Wireless

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:35:40 UTC 2006

>From: Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com>
>To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
><fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Wireless
>Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:38:08 -0500
>
>On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 12:25 -0700, Don Springall wrote:
> > not get and lost clusters being deleted at boot time. When I do get
>messages
> > I have noticed that network manager fails to shut down properly often.
>
>chkconfig --level 2345 NetworkManager on
>
>To get the appropriate layout:
>
>/etc/rc.d/rc1.d/K02NetworkManager
>/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S98NetworkManager
>/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S98NetworkManager
>/etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K02NetworkManager
>/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K02NetworkManager
>/etc/rc.d/rc4.d/S98NetworkManager
>/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S98NetworkManager
>
>Then, stuff should shut down correctly.  We need a better way of
>conditionally enabling this...
>
>Dan

Okay that fixed Network-manager shutdowns. And the the other good news is
that once I set essid= to a blank nm-applet then kicked in and connected me
directly to the hot spot without intervention after signing onto gnome.

Now If I could just get those ndiswrapper types to fix the strength
calculation wireless life would be near perfect. I will have to find a spot
with multiple hot-spots to see if the "connect to other wireless networks"
in nm-applet works. Does anyone know if the acx100 driver is getting close
to completion in Andrew Morton's MM tree ?