Keyboard situation - Non-US users dead in water?

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 7 17:32:57 UTC 2006

You wrote:

> What happened to me couple of times is that I use by default "us"
> keyboard, but every now and then I would send an email in Cyrillic and I
> would forget to switch back to "us" mapping. Then screen saver would
> turn on and I would try to log in. Unfortunately, my! keyboard mapping
> is in Cyrillic at that moment and password has to be typed in "us"
> mapping. In FC4 and FC3 I would just hit my magic keyboard combination
> and I would go back to "us" mapping. But this is not an option anymore
> in keyboard settings. It is a bit annoying to get locked out of the
> system when screen saver turns on.

Well, this is a side-effect of brokenness in libxclavier. It is
supposedly fixed upstream,so we should see non-useless keyboard options,
including those needed to switch between layouts, in the final gnome
release.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
McGill University WSG

Book: "You don't fix faith, River.  It fixes you."
				--Episode #7, "Jaynestown"