What's up with yum plugin?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:20:14 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, James C. Bevier <jim at jbsys.com> wrote:
> I have enabled=1 and tokeep=4 in installonlyn.conf file.  When yum tries to
> install the 4th kernel, it deletes two of the current kernels.  That leave
> me with two.  On the next kernel update, nothing is deleted and I have three
> kernels.  It seems the plugin code is really confused.  Anyone else seeing
> this?

I see unexpected behavior when the current current is not the latest
kernel installed.  I keep meaning to dig into the plugin code and see
if I can patch it to do a better job of enumeration in the case where
running kernel!=lastest installed...but i haven't found a block of
time long enough to do a decent job at it.

-jef