CDs mount to volume name

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Feb 9 10:46:40 UTC 2006

> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:58:03AM +0100, Karsten Fischer wrote:
>> The difference between our positions seems to be that you are referring
>> to the CD-Drive as the physical media and I refer to the actual CD as
>> the physical media.
>
> I wish it were so simple (and I mostly agree with the above), but CD
> labels
> are not unique. In fact all the Fedora CDs generally have the same label

I can actually see the benefit to both of these... Hows this for an idea:

1) Use a static mount point in /mnt
2) Change the GUI portion of things to report the media volume name (not
the mountpoint)
3) maybe also place a link /media

The way I see it, /mnt is for physical devices - however /media is related
to the concept of what I put in the drive vs the physical hardware.