Request for volunteers: xfs config corrupted during upgrade -bug 179006

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Thu Feb 16 18:31:04 UTC 2006

From: fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Chasecreek
Systemhouse

On 2/16/06, Mike A. Harris <mharris at mharris.ca> wrote:
> A couple people have reported a bug in which xfs fails to start
> properly due to the config file being corrupted upon install.
> Unfortunately, there is no 100% reproduceable test case yet in order
> to easily debug the problem, so I would like everyone who experiences
> this problem to CC themselves on the master bug that is tracking this
> issue, and add any information that might help to narrow the problem
> down, as this bug is potentially one of the nastiest X bugs on the
> FC5Blocker list, since a non-starting font server means a non starting

> X server.

What I find weird is that xfs generates an error and doesn't start --
yet XWindows, et al, appears to work correctly under FC5T2 -- am I
crazy?

(PS - no, xfs isn't a listed/running process -- it never started.)
--
I found that it was off via chkconfig after all the updates were
complete, once chkconfig was set, and the system rebooted, it started

Michael Weiner