todays rawhide - feedback

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 19 12:57:50 UTC 2006

dragoran wrote:

> I installed todays rawhide tree and found this issues:
> 1) why is there no shutdown/reboot in the gnome menus ? this is a
> desktop system and I do not want to suspend it.

Check list archives. Basically a experimental change that is being
reverted after the release.

> 2) the user switch feature disappered from gnome-screensaver

Changelogs mentioned this. There seems to be some nagging issues with
supporting this option.

> beagled should be started by default if it is enabled in the
> preferences (had to add it to the gnome-session)

File a bug report?

> why is xfs started by default in runlevel 3 ? If I boot into runlevel
> 3 (=textmode) I do not need xfs (doubt that anybody needs it)

I think we got a lot many bug reports after users forgetting to start
xfs. The real long term solution would probably mean revamping the init
script system to support dependency mechanisms.

--
Rahul