FC5t3: Install with Nvidia Geforce 7600GT problem

Adam Gibson static at xstatica.com
Tue Feb 21 04:33:40 UTC 2006

Adam Gibson wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 20:35 -0500, Adam Gibson wrote:
>>
>>> What does it take to get device 0092 added to the approved nvidia
>>> device list so that it is detected properly to use the nv driver?
>>

>> File a bug with the pci id against xorg-x11-drv-nv
>

> Done.  The nv driver should be used and would solve the problem but the
> VESA driver should work with it too as a fallback so that is another
> issue which I filed a separate bug for.
>
> Since another FC5t4 will not be available to test things further, anyone
> know how to force the nv driver during installation?  Once installed I
> can manually configure the nv driver if needed.  I could always use the
> text mode but I want to test the gui installer.

I just used 'linux vnc' to attempt an installation which does not cause
the corrupt display issue with the VESA driver.  Now to figure out how
to get passed the conflicts which I posted in another subject so that I
can test the installer further.

Thanks for the information on where to post the bug on this in bugzilla.