Bling!

Chris Kurecka ckurecka at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:53:18 UTC 2006

On 2/20/06, Chris Kurecka <ckurecka at gmail.com> wrote:

> I updated my Xair packages today.  Everything was working before, but now
> at login to GNOME, it hangs at "Window Manager" on the splash screen.
> Logging into KDE works fine.  Changing "aixgl" to "Standard" in the Security
> tab of the Login program in the Administration menu didn't fix anything.
> I'm not really sure what to do to make GNOME start working again.
>
> As a side note, assuming I get this working, how do I toggle between the
> main wobbly minimize and the second one with the demo video on the wiki?

As a follow-up to my own email, it appears it has to do with selinux.  Doing
"setsebool allow_execstack 1" from the command line before logging into
GNOME fixes it, but chcon -t xserver_exec_t /usr/bin/Xair doesn't.  I'm
still curious about a real fix for this, and how to do the other
minimization effect if anyone knows.

Thanks,

Chris Kurecka