Burning ISOs

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 25 18:21:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install FC5t3 on another computer, but I can't burn the
ISOs.

I've tried burning from GNOME and using cdrecord, e.g.

cdrecord dev=/dev/hda -eject -v -dao FC-5-Test3-i386-disc1.iso

(I ran this as root as it complained about setpriority when I didn't).

But on the resulting CDs some files can be copied but other's result in
I/O errors. Last time I posted about verifying CDs I was told that this
process was unreliable.

So we have unreliable CD burning and no reliable way to verify them.

And I have a half-installed computer.

Does anyone have any tips for successful burning of ISOs? (I'm burning
from an up-to-date FC5 test installation).

Will CD burning ever "Just Work"?

Yours depressed and surrounded by corrupt CDs,

Leon...