Fedora Core 5 Test 3 + nforce raid = noboot?

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Sun Feb 26 05:32:30 UTC 2006

Glen Bishop wrote:
> i can load up the drives in normal sata mode and everything will install
> fine, just the raid1 is having the issue.  i've tried a couple things with
> grub but nothing seems to work.
>
> does anyone have a resolution for this?
Eventually more info about dmraid will be here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmraidStatus

Frankly, its unclear if dmraid will be stable enough on the supported
chipsets by the time FC5 is released.  My Via chipset does RAID-1
reasonably well up until you simulate actual drive replacements,
rebuilds, etc.

Hopefully, in the future there will be one unified raid monitoring
software that applies to all chipsets.  Currently in the windows world,
you have to deal with many various raid monitors with different
interfaces, nuances, etc... yawn.

-eric wood