Are mouse gestures permanently enabled?

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Mon Feb 27 00:12:28 UTC 2006

It seems as though 'mouse gestures' are permanently enabled (in KDE).
(I first noticed this when I migrated to Core 4 a month ago,
but I still get it on Core 5 test 3, and it never happened on Core 3).

a) When I use the touchpad to click on an item, say the fedora menu,
  it will pop up, but as soon as I touch the mousepad again
  to move along the menu, it acts as though I clicked the
  menu button again, so the menu pops down.

b) Sometimes I might get so far as being able to click on the
  logout option.  The logout/shutdown window appears and the
  screen starts to darken the background, but as soon as I
  touch the mouse pad to move the pointer over to click on
  the 'logout' button, it aborts the logout request, and
  removes the window.

c) In Firefox, probably about 80% of the time, when I touch the
  touchpad to move the mouse 'up and to the left' (to get to a
  hyperlink), the browser acts as though I pushed the 'back' button.

d) Sometimes when I use the touchpad to move the curor 'up and left'
  in a "Konsole" window, then window acts (scrolls) as though I was
  dragging the scroll bar up.

All this sounds like 'mouse gestures' to me, so I went into
the KDE Control Center, and disabled 'gestures' in:

- accessibility,
- Input Actions
  - disable mouse gestures globaly,
  - in Actions->Konqueror gestures, I editied each entry and
    explicitly disable each and every one.

But nothing has stopped this behaviour.