Call for testing rescue.iso

Andy Burns fedora-test at adslpipe.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 00:14:24 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

> Right now it is only i386, tomorrow we should see x86_64, and I'm
> working on getting a ppc/ppc64 one created too.  I just would like
> somebody to boot up that bad boy and see if they can get into rescue
> environments on their systems, including mounting the install root.

OK, I'll give it a spin, one thing I have noticed about using boot.iso
with "linux rescue" and then using http to retrieve stage2 (or minstage2
whatever it is) is that if I decline the automated detect/mount under
/mnt/sysimage I can do an "mdadm --assemble" and mount filesystems
myself quite happily, but if I accept the automatic detect/mount I get a
backtrace ...

This _could_ easily be related to the software raid issues that have
(hopefully) been fixed in today's rawhide, as trying to check failed
raid installs is the only time I've needed a rescue CD so far, I'll
check and let you know ....