gdm on latest rawhide

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu Jan 5 10:16:06 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 19:34, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> Doesnt seem to be. It is not reported in bugzilla nor is it reproducible
> in my system now.

I've just straced the gdm startup.  It seems that gdmgreeter (which
incidentally is not linked against libselinux) will SEGV repeatedly.

Rahul, do you have your rawhide system fully updated or just updated as of the
last time "yum update" worked?  On my system I ran a script to update every
package that had it's dependencies met even through many packages (including
everything related to Xorg and SSL) could not be updated due to dependencies.
Therefore I've been seeing many bugs that no-one who just ran "yum update"
would see.